Let’s be honest, right now people are worried, afraid and anxious. No matter whats going on in the world, there’s nothing quite like a long, hot sea salt bath to make the world and it’s worries disappear as part of our usual self care routine. Calendula and epson salts aid with muscle relaxation, and lavender calms nerves and anxiety making these bath salts are a wonderful solution for when you are feeling under the weather, mentally or physically.
This is a simple, fun little DIY project that you can create with your kids, my kids loved mixing the different ingredients together and discovering new textures and scents. They love the slight pink tinge that the clay add to their bath too. I’ve even created a FREE printable label sheet for you, that you can download and print onto paper and then tape over the jar to keep it water proof, or you can print and buy these labels from Avery, the file is all set up ready to go, just sign-up below.
These would make a lovely gift for a neighbour, friend, or for mothers day.
Why you will love this Calendula and Pink Himalayan Bath Salts Recipe
- Epsom Salts: Epsom salts can benefit achy muscles by easing the inflammation caused by minor injuries or arthritis.
- Pink Himalayan Salt: Can help your skin retain moisture, which makes it an ideal ingredient for a spa-like soak.
- French Pink Clay: Can be used to cleanse and detoxify the skin, remove dead skin cells and create and overall refreshed appearance.
- Baking Powder and Citric Acid: Baking Soda can soothe inflamed skin and remove any dead skin cells, while citric acid add some fizziness to the bath salts (for the kids benefit .
- Calendula: Nourishes dry skin and is gentle enough to use for children and sensitive skin types.
- Rosehip Oil: Lightly moisturising and rich in vitamins A and C and packed with powerful antioxidants.
- Lavender Essential Oil: Lavender essential oil calms and relaxes the body and mind, promotes better sleep.
Tools you will need:
- Measuring cups.
- Wooden spoons, for mixing and scooping (do not use metal spoons as they can react with clay).
- Glass Jar for storing (these ones are perfect if you don’t already have one at home).
- Avery labels (my print file will fit these ones here).
Calendula and epson salts aid with muscle relaxation, and lavender calms nerves and anxiety making these bath salts are a wonderful solution for when you are feeling under the weather, mentally or physically.
1 Cup Pink Himalayan Salts (Purchase HERE)
½ Cup Epson Salts (Purchase HERE)
¼ Dried Calendula Petals (Purchase HERE)
2 Tbs French Pink Clay (Purchase HERE)
3 Tbs Citric Acid (Purchase HERE)
2 Tbs Baking Soda (Purchase HERE)
1 tsp of Rosehip Oil (Purchase HERE)
10 drops Lavender Essential Oil (Purchase HERE)
- Using a wooden spoon combine the salts, citric acid and baking soda together in a large bowl until combined.
- To the salt mixture add your essential oils and rosehip oil.
- Line a tray with baking paper, and spread out the salts and leave to dry.
- Once dried, you can mix through your clay and calendula flowers.
- Store in an airtight bottle or jar.
- To use, add a handful (or use a wooden spoon) then use your hands to help dissolve the salt crystals. Soak for 20-40 minutes.
When using clay it’s essential that you do not use metal utensils or bowls as the clay can react.
The essential oils can be swapped out for any of your favourite, or for a particular health benefit. You can always add more or less if the scent is not right, just ensure you are staying in the recommended safe range of 1-4% of your combined mixture.
- Category: Bath Salts
Pin this easy bath salts recipe to save for later, or forward it to a friend!