Let’s be honest, right now people are worried, afraid, and anxious. No matter whats going on in the world, there’s nothing quite like a long, hot sea salt bath to make the worries of the world disappear as part of our usual self care routine.
It’s pretty easy to sink into bad habits when we aren’t in our normal 9-5 routine anymore and normal practices can sort of go out the window. However, it’s super important that we maintain good hygiene habits during isolation (someone please tell my kids!) a lovely relaxing way to do this is to soak in a salt bath. Studies have shown that Epsom Salts promote better sleep quality (source).
This is a simple, fun little DIY project that you can create with your kids, my kids loved mixing the different ingredients together and discovering new textures and scents. They love the slight pink tinge that the clay adds to their bath too.
Related: Feeling stressed? Here are 8 Practices To Bring Back Your Calm
Calendula and Epson salts aid with muscle relaxation and lavender calms nerves and anxiety making these bath salts are a wonderful solution for when you are feeling under the weather, mentally or physically.
Why you'll love this Calendula and Pink Himalayan Bath Salts Recipe
- Epsom Salts: Epsom salts can benefit achy muscles by easing the inflammation caused by minor injuries or arthritis.
- Pink Himalayan Salt: Can help your skin retain moisture, which makes it an ideal ingredient for a spa-like soak.
- French Pink Clay: Can be used to cleanse and detoxify the skin, remove dead skin cells, and create an overall refreshed appearance.
- Baking Powder and Citric Acid: Baking Soda can soothe inflamed skin and remove any dead skin cells, while citric acid adds some fizziness to the bath salts (for the kids’ benefit.
- Calendula: Nourishes dry skin and is gentle enough to use for children and sensitive skin types.
- Rosehip Seed Oil: Lightly moisturising and rich in vitamins A and C and packed with powerful antioxidants.
- Lavender Essential Oil: Lavender essential oil calms and relaxes the body and mind, promotes better sleep.
Tools you will need:
- Measuring cups.
- Wooden spoons, for mixing and scooping (do not use metal spoons as they can react with clay).
- Glass Jar for storing (these ones are perfect if you don’t already have one at home).
Simply mix all your ingredients together in a large bowl until full combined and store in an airtight jar until ready to use!
DIY not really your thing?
Try our ready made Coconut Bath Milk, packed hydrating coconut milk, soothing oats, and mood balancing rosehips and pink grapefruit. It will (almost) make you forget real life is a thing!